- These checks require the assistance of a person to operate the vehicle controls.
- Use chocks to prevent accidental movement of the vehicle.
- Observe manufacturer's shut-down instructions before switching off the engine (e.g. to avoid turbo-charger damage).
Checks and reasons for rejection
- Start the engine and charge up the braking system until the low pressure warning device turns off. Apply the brake several times until the low pressure warning device activates.
- A visual or audible warning device connected to the brake system does not provide a warning to the driver when the air pressure is lowered to less than the following levels, unless the manufacturer specifies a different level:
- 420 kPa (60psi) for ADR 35 vehicles
- 350 kPa (50psi) for pre-ADR 35 vehicles